This is a fun look to try if your hair is a bit on the shorter side. It lets you play around with different lengths, and you won’t have any of those annoying wispy pieces falling out of your bun at the nape of your neck. See how celebrity hairstylist Sura Radcliff of Byu-Ti Salon in Santa Monica, Calif. says to get the look:
1. Mist your hair with hairspray, and flip your hair over. Tousle it with your fingers, concentrating at the base to add body.
2. Section off the bottom third of your hair from ear to ear using your fingers, and put the top section of your hair into a high ponytail for now.
3. Take the bottom section and twist it tightly. Once you’ve twisted the entire section, wind it around itself. It should naturally begin to form a bun. Secure the bun with two bobby pins that crisscross each other underneath the bun.
4. Now take out the ponytail you’ve set aside, and split it into two horizontal halves, from temple to temple. Put the very top section aside, and twist the middle section into a bun. Secure it down at back of your head with bobby pins.
5. For the top section, twist it downward and wrap it around the middle bun. Secure the ends of the twist with two bobby pins that crisscross each other.
It is easy and fun, right? So try sometime if you have shorter hair and want to look cool.